xBar Updated (2.0.2303.5) - Usability, Taskbar Shortcuts, and x64 Build
Monday, March 6th, 2023 @1:30PM, Releases
An updated version of xBar for Windows is now available for download. This release includes usability enhancements, fixes to issues, and organizational help.
Fixes / Changes
- Distribution is now x64 (64-bit) - Microsoft is moving away from 32-bit Windows installs and 32-bit versions using Shell API calls can receive unusual results, such as retrieving the path to the shortcut's default icon. Windows can return a value pointing to the 'Program Files (x86)' folder.
- xBar now automatically creates the Pinned Taskbar Shortcuts category, which includes all valid links found on the Windows Taskbar.
- Changed the code which detects the Topmost Window (enumerates all top most windows).
- Fixed Browse for Shortcut's Path when an existing path includes arguments.
- Fixed ChooseFile(*) functionality. It will, regardless of the file's existence, parse out and include the original filename + file extension.
- Built against the latest version of Visual Studio 2022 and latest vcpkg libraries.
A single end-user license (two installs) can be purchased (securely) for $9.95. You can download the fully-functional, nag-screen-free, 30 day trial version (No registration necessary) for FREE. As always, updates & upgrades are free for Registered Users.
Visit xBar's Product Page for more information.