xBar Updated (2.0.2301.16) - Usability, Libraries, Bug Fixes and Customization
Tuesday, January 17th, 2023 @8:11AM, Releases
An updated version of xBar for Windows is now available for download. This release includes usability enhancements and fixes to issues that popped up due to UI changes.
Fixes / Changes
- Added 'Sort' submenu to the Categories Manager dropdown: Users can now change how Shortcuts are sorted (and displayed) in the Shortcuts Widget. This is a per-category setting and is sticky.
- Fixed an intermittent bug caused by using MFC's Visual Manager (popup menus): When right-clicking on an edit box, a popup context menu is displayed (Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All), which would (randomly) trigger an exception and xBar would restart. The context menus (edit boxes) have been replaced with my own custom (theme-based) owner-drawn menus.
- Libraries (via vcpkg) used by xBar have been updated, this includes Visual C++ maintenance releases.
- Tested using Microsoft's Application Verifier: This version will be submitted to the Microsoft Store!
- New Year! Copyright info updated (2023).
A single end-user license (two installs) can be purchased (securely) for $9.95. You can download the fully-functional, nag-screen-free, 30-day trial version (No registration necessary) for FREE. As always, updates & upgrades are free for Registered Users.
Visit xBar's Product Page for more information.